Remembrance, we all want to be remembered for something. Cooking a Meal, whether it’s for two or more, you can bet The Cook will want to make certain everyone will Remember The Meal was Great!! You have got everything in order RIGHT? So what about cooking, let’s get started with the Main Attraction The Meat and for the Vegan‘s we have not forgotten you.
Drinks, you can start with coffee, tea, alcoholic drinks, non-alcoholic drinks, flavored waters, soda or fruit drinks. This will depend on you, your guest or in some cases your meal.
Meats, Turkey, Ham, Pot Roast, Hen, Duck, whatever meats you prepare, needs to have time to defrost if they are frozen. Remember Safety First. Having your favorite recipes at hand cuts time and stress.
Side Dishes, now you can show your creativity making your vegetables, lentils, pasta, salads, and how many side dishes depends on the amount of guest you have invited. If you want to have left overs to make meals in a minute without the need to cook after Christmas Day, but still have good meals for a few more days. This will again make your life a little more enjoyable for the holidays and more time for you to enjoy family and friends.
Breads, you can do them yourself (if you have the time, enjoy baking or need to get out some stress) or purchase at the many great bakeries or stores available to us today. Extra bread can make breakfast meals,( sliced for french toast, toast with different toppings, use your imagination), sandwich making, last minute dinners, late night snacks.
Many Vegan Meals are also available, again it is going to depend on what you and your guest desire. Many websites, books, television programs, Cd’s, and maybe even ask your guest about their favorite dishes taken the guest work out or bring some of their favorites to introduce to others.
We also need to take into consideration of people with health issues. Not meaning that you have to redo your menu, but have a few items that can be quickly changed into a Delicious Meal for them as well. Insuring everyone has a safe & enjoyable meal. Having a few extra items on hand will help you to enjoy your guest and they enjoy you. :-)
Yes, believe it are not this Entire Meal is about You. If the Cook is Not Happy, and the Cook is the Host of the party, The Party Is Over. :-(
NO, I did not forget the Star of the Meal.~~Dessert~~
Next Time, HAPPY COOKING ;-)
- Holiday Dinner Help from Foodily (iphone.appstorm.net)
- Elegantly Easy Cornish Hens (simplysophisticatedcooking.wordpress.com)
- Global Cuisine Holiday Edition: 37 Impressive Christmas/Holiday Dishes (kolorblindmag.com)
- Beautiful Centerpiece Roast Ideas for the Holidays (simplysophisticatedcooking.wordpress.com)
- How to Cook a Turkey (answers.com)
- A few more turkey tips (fortonfood.wordpress.com)
- One Veg World’s Vegan Turkey Available for the Holidays (oneworldveggie.wordpress.com)
- A Vegan Christmas – How one family makes their vegan relative feel welcome. (redglitterx.wordpress.com)
- For the Fractured Foodies: Confessional and Recipe (heidicullinan.wordpress.com)
- Leftovers (needlesspounds.com)